Monday, March 19, 2012

Latest Post

OK, it's been a while since my last post. And I have more pics, but will post them soon. What's been happening?

Ok... the tomatoes are no more. The crop ran to a tired conclusion, so I pulled them out (all except one plant which is still fruiting - bizarre). I them removed all stakes and wire and weeded the entire area. I applied some compost, then a light sprinkling of blood and bone. In went three rows of carrot - Manchester Table variety - using carrot tape (seeds embedded in light paper strips, like tape, which makes thinning easier).

Then over the last two days I've been constructing a wooden frame to support flattened rolls of wire mesh. In went the snow peas (also known as sugar or snap peas), well mulched with rotted straw and watered with weak fish extract. I planted the peas yesterday morning, and by that evening they had already attached themselves to the mesh! Amazing.

Ok, some pics to come soon. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment